Friday, December 16, 2005

A recent discovery

OK, this is something that I thought for a while, but I now know it to be true! I am a "Hot Mom!" LOL!

I am almost 35 years old. I have been married for 6 1/2 years to a wonderful man. I am a full time stay at home mom (SAHM) to three kids (How the heck did THAT happen?!?). My oldest DD is 5 and in kindergarten. My next is 3 and in preschool and my boy is almost 6 months old.

Despite all this, I went to a concert last night with my DH, and was very happy to see I was in much better shape then most. Now this is not ego, although it was greatly massaged last night. I am 5'4" and currently 132 pounds, and still dropping. I am below my weight at the start of my last pregnancy and just 7 pounds from when I got married.

I went out last night in a pair of comfy, but funky (Fumfy? Conky?) jeans, heeled boots and a belly peeking tight and fuzzy sweater with sparkling buttons that matched the detailing on the jeans. I was pulled together in an "outfit" and not one drool, spit up or food stain on it. I even wore a real bra, and not one with nursing flaps LOL! I am at an age where I am very comfortable with who I am, secure in my relationship with my DH, and proud of how far I have come in my life. I wore makeup that enhanced my features, yet was still sexy, in style yet flattering to me.

I didn't even care that my low rise jeans showed more peeks of my c-section scar than my thong that was specially purchased for this occasion. I didn't even care that many of the concert goers could have been my children. I do care that I looked good, and my dear husband noticed. His friends noticed. Their wives noticed. I felt good! I was confident! I was, for just a couple hours, not a mom, but a woman!!

Today, even though I am wearing the jeans again with the boots. I am most definitely a mom. My sexy sweater has been swapped out with a sensible burgundy mock turtle neck. I see dried milk, dried drool, I think 3 different food stains from 3 different meals. I am wearing cotton panties in battleship grey instead of the color of cotton candy, and yes, my bra has flaps, and not for fun either.

Today I lack some confidence, since I am reminded over and over that I do not have all the answers by my 3 and 5 YOs. I am inept at everyday things (Ask my boy, and he can show you his- Hopefully not permanent- deformed finger where I accidentally cut off a piece instead of a nail - not sure who cried harder). I have dishes to wash, laundry to do, and yes, I scrubbed the toilet today. I bet 99.9% of the people that were at the concert last night can't say they did that today. Or this week. Or ever.

But still, I do have a bit of poise that came from the fact that some random person last gave me a look that let me know that I still got "it". He was rewarded with a smile that he never saw.

Ok, maybe its just more of a daydream. The hope that I am still a woman under this spit stained shirt. The hope that yes, mothering preschoolers is only temporary. But I still came home to my precious babies and will continue to do so. I love my kids and my life. I just hope that there is not another blogger out there ranting about the nerve of some people dressing like they are all that when in reality they will always be a frumpy housewife, no matter how you wrap it.

Anyway, if that is you, maybe it is a delusion on my part. But at least the wrapping is currently a size 6 and getting smaller every day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Rick Knight said...

That husband of yours is one very lucky man. I've always thought so... always will.

Hey... how 'bout posting some pix of those stain-generating kiddies one of these days?

10:12 PM  
Blogger Elena said...

HI Rick!! Check your E-mail, I just sent you some!!

~Elena

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home