Wednesday, October 26, 2005

LOLO.....

No, that is not a typo. It is my own short hand for what I am doing right now...

I call it Latch On Log On. Yup, I nurse my sweet boy while playing on line. It all started 5 years ago when I had my first DD, I would grow bored with what people have called "Prime bonding time". I do not think this makes me a horrible mom, just one with different needs.

I do love the closeness I feel when I nurse my baby. I love that I am giving them the best possible start to life and that I have the power to give them such rich nutrients and much needed anti bodies.

I do grow bored quickly, though, and need to distract myself with something. TV can get too loud, ad not always appropriate. Radio is not exactly a thrill for me. But my beloved Computer is always here for me. I can adjust the brightness, and Type by the glow of the monitor. I can talk to friends, or play a game or even just catch up on the news. I am plan fantasy vacations, and dream about shopping sprees, build the ultimate family car or even plan my grocery list!

The best part of it is that no one even knows I am doing it. I can, with a strategically placed camera, video conference and no one is wise to what I am doing! If I am feeling very talented, I can type with one hand and answer the phone with the other. I have figured out my chair height, leg and keyboard position to do this!

I have also found that when I LOLO, it makes it easier to limit the time I spend here. Soon after nursing, I need to burp my babe then snuggle him into bed for a nap. If it is a bad day, I will need to change my shirt and / or wash my hair, too.

So don't judge me for my habits. And wipe the silly grin off your face. I am providing my son with a great start to his life and keeping myself sane in the process. Plus, if I didn't give myself this 15 minutes or so, you would have nothing to read anyway.

OK, its a good day today, just need to get my boy in bed for his nap.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home