Monday, June 02, 2008

2 pounds 14 oz.

That does not sound very big at all. And well, it isn't. I've gained as much on a good weekend of holiday eating. But 6 years ago today my baby girl came into this world weighing just that!

You'd never know it today, although she is still on the small size, she makes up for it with enthusiasm!

I love her more than I can tell you, even when she writes on the newly painted white walls. In black Sharpie. Again.

I can still remember her in her isolette with my wedding ring next to her arm looking like a bracelet. I remember how scared I was at her sudden entrance and the roller coaster ride we took the next 6 weeks one day she spent in the NICU.

But it was all worth it to see my energizer bunny bound through the house full of energy. At 6:15 AM. Again.

My baby girl is now 6. Wow.

She is having her first friend party here on Saturday and decided on a Hawaiian Luau theme. When I asked her what kind of party she wanted at first she looked at me like I was an alien and said in a pseudo sarcastic tone " A BIRTHDAY Party...you know, friends...games...cake!" Then realized I was asking about theme not content and we started brainstorming. I tried hard not to laugh at how seriously she was describing WHAT a party was to me.

I love my baby girl. Whoops. I guess she is a little girl. At least I still have the boy. I can call him my baby still since he is very 2. Well, for 3 more weeks, then it will be his turn. He will be 3!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home