Saturday, March 29, 2008

Strange things....

WHo know that a SAHM like me can motive another to actually get out of the state for some girls only fun time!

DH has been away once again, but before he left, my SIL said 'SO, why do you get to go away all the time, when is it E's turn?" DH replied: "Whenever she wants." My heart skipped a beat, but I dared not get excited.

SO I did what I do best: Started to plan a fantasy vacation. But to where? NEW YORK CITY! I lived here in a former life, and really want to get back to it. But the more I thought about it and my #2 choice, CHicago, other than taking in a show, I had no idea what else (Low cost) I could do and safety fears ran rampant through my mind. How could I pick a good hotel in a safe neighborhood? THen the numbers started to climb. Airfare. OK, not horrible, but then how will I get to my hotel? Shuttle? Taxi? Rental car? How will I get around the city? Hmm prices get higher still.

I abandoned that plan and started to daydream again. Hey, if I get away without the kids, I want to go somewhere warm!! ANd my favorite, warm, safe, clean, free transportation place is DISNEY WORLD!!! I didn't think it was possible, but ran some numbers for different travel dates with 2-4 to a room. Wow. IT is REALLY reasonable! I talk to DH who was in Miami at this point and tell him my findings. His response? "DO it up, Baby!" What? Really? I let myself get really excited. I shoot off about 11 or so e-mails to women that I know that I can tolerate for long periods of time. ONe is pretty interested. SHe is planning a WDW trip in the fall. So is another! OOOH! This may really happen! The next 5 are all no's. I call one another friend since she won't get the e-mail for a couple days (SHe works very part time) and she is really interested and promises to get back to me the next day.

Wednesday I see a couple more women on my Mom's morning off and they are all no as well. I get an e-mail from one of the first that was interested and she is now a no. SO is the 2nd. I am still hopeful. The crushing blow comes from the friend I called. While her DH is all for her getting away, she doesn't feel right about going to WDW before she takes her kids, but would consider a cruise or something possibly in the fall when the prices go down.

I fight back tears and tell her thanks for letting me day dream a bit, but fall cruises are cheap for a reason: Hurricane season.

I feel defeated, but need a pick me up, so I decide to research a few cruises to satisfy my curiosity since there is no way I can afford one. I am once again hopeful. I find some "Last minute deals" and a short 3 night cruise is actually not too ad at all! I call my friend, S back asking if she would consider a short Mother's day Cruise. I hold my breath. YES! SHe would, but would have to discuss it with her DH. OK I continue to search different departure dates, places and ports of call. I match them with potential airfares and jot down a few prices.

My DH calls to check in once again and I inform him that my "last hope" has said no to WDW, but may consider a cruise. HIs response? "I was gonna suggest that!"

I get a call back yesterday the guys are on the phone with each other and YES, the trip is a go! WOOHOO!!!

I finish putting the kids to bed, then call my AAA agent to see if they can do better than what I found. I give her all the details I have and she makes a few calls while I am on hold. She not only finds an outside cabin with an unobstructed view, it is cheaper than the one I found online! I take a chance and have her hold it, then we look at airfares together, finding that she is coming up with the same prices I am.

I call my DH and he asks why I didn't book it already. I call S and she is ready to give me her CC# as well. So now here I sit, waiting for 9AM EST to come up. That is when J will be at her desk. I am excited! I will soon be a cruiser!!!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home