Thursday, February 15, 2007

Valentines Day

I had a very nice day, despite never finishing my wonderful Dear Husband's card. I rolled some change since I am without cash until Friday, and headed out for the day.

I got C off to school very late. She has a sub bus driver and got on the bus nearly 1/2 hour late. I then got the boy tto "school" and M to my ILs fo the morning. I enjoyed soem kid free grocery shopping and then paid for my purchase mostly in quarters and headed home.

I put away the groceries, then did some printing on my computer. Stamping at my friend's got cancelled, and I attempted to scrap here at home, but decided to take advantage of alone time to take a nice long hot uninterrupted shower. Then I made some sugar cookie dough and some bread dough to rise. I finished puttin gon my face and headed to the girls' school to help out in M's class. I got to see C on my way out,tehn picked up the boy before cominghome to wait for them to get off the bus. As I waited, I ppunched down the dough and made rolls to rise, then rolled out the cookie dough to make heart cut outs.

The girls got home as I was drizzling pink icing on them with heart sprinkles. I let them each have one as well as let them have a go at their Valentines' treats as well.

I got the rolls in the oven and started on dinner (Broiled steak, cheesy mashed potatoes and green beans) when my wonderful DH got home with flowers and peeps (My favorite!) for me and cards for us all. He is so sweet! I then gave him his Godiva chocolate and apologized for never finishing up his card. He forgave me and said DInner and my love was even better than a card! Told you he was sweet!

He set out to finish snow blowing the driveway while I finished making dinner, then we all enjoyed a hot meal together, followed by cookies and cherry floats. Then we got the call that Church was cancelled so Paul had me bundle the kids up for some sledding fun. He built a sled run in the back yard with all the snow we've had the past couple of days. THey all had fun with that.

No one even noticed I forgot to thaw the shrimp LOL! I got them all in bed and sleeping by tht time Americal Idol came on, and even had the kitchen mess cleaned up. I'm working on "Cleaning up" the last of the cookies today.

SO that is it. We went to bed early and watched Tv. We were asleep before the evening news!

Hope you all had a great day as well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home