Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A strange thing happened this morning...

My wonderful DH and I woke up childless!!!

OK, not really. They were still in the house, and I still had to get up 2 times though the night, but at least when morning came (Ok, it was 5:45, but it WAS morning!) there were NO children in our bed!

I decided to bite the bullet and get into a test of wills with the boy around 3 AM. Instead of sleepily carrying him out of his crib into my comfy bed, to nurse, to his dismay, I sat beside the crib and patted the mattress. After 25 minutes, he finally gave in and laid down near my hand so I could pat his cute butt instead. Another 15 minutes later, I'm sure he is out, so I tuck the girls back under their covers and sneak out of the room. Almost. I get as far as the door when the boy sits up in protest. I swear the boy has a proximity detector that goes off if I get too far from him or have the nerve to lie down. This time it only takes under a minute to get him to lay back down, and after another 15 minutes, I successfully return to my warm bed.

I heard a small whimper around 5AM.

5:45 the boy announced night time over and wanted Momma NOW, so I gave in and let him nurse, and he happily snoozed until 7:15 this morning.

I hope that tonight will go smoother, with the 3AM thing getting shorter or non existant. I can't even remember what 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep feels like!

Did I mention that the 3AM tuck in kept the 4YO out of our bed, too? Now, if only we can find a suitable place for the cat to sleep!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie Tish said...

How exciting! I hope can continue to wake up without little feet stuck in your side! J was stealth baby (well toddler) when he was small and would sneak in at somepoint during the night but at least it didn't wake me up. I think we finally were able to sleep childless when he was about 6 years old. We're still sleeping with cats unfortunately ;) Maybe someday.....

Lizzie

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home