Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Day 3: Expedition Everest Or Bust!

the cast: Myself 35, DH "P" 44, DD "C" 5, DD "M" 4 and DS "The boy" 14 months
6 days 5 night ASMovies Aug 20 -25 2006.

Day 3: Expedition Everest or Bust!

We decide to not use any wake up service and just sleep, but the girls are on their own time and M is up by 7:30, C closer to 8:30. We grab food in the food court and then head to Animal Kingdom!

DH decides we need to rent a double stroller, so we get that (We have a double with us, too). We find 2 different Photo Pass people and get a few shots done of us, some with the kids, some without!

Our "plan" is to head the the safari, go to Plantet watch while waiting for the Fast Pass, then head to EE for FP, then explore over there until time to turn it in.

We start to head to "Africa" and DH decides he wants his own misting fan (What ever happened to not wanting to carry too much through the park, and not spending money needlessly? We brought 2 fans from Wal Mart with us, but he claims the girls are hogging them)

We get our FP for Safari with a 45 minute return time. We head to Rafiki's planet watch, but get stopped when we go to board the train...The boy is sound asleep and we don't wish to wake him, so we opt for the trails instead. We enjoy it enough and then have some fruit we brought with us since we still have a few minutes before our FP time is up. We do bathroom breaks, then it is time for the safari. We enjoy it immensely and try not to make the ostrich mad that saunters right by our truck. We see many, many animals, but some are already sleeping or hiding.

We then decide to save Planet Watch for later since it is already getting late. We head straight to Asia to get FP for EE and get return time of 3:55. It is close to noon, so while we are thankful we got FP, I am just a bit disappointed that we will be missing the parade. We have 6:10 Dinner ADRs at Chef Mickey's so we don't have a lot of wiggle room.

We head through Dinoland and on to Flame Tree for lunch. DH has the Chicken, I order the ribs and we add one one kids meal and share it all. I am very disappointed in the ribs, DH tries one and concurs, claiming that the ones I make at home are much tastier. the corn is very chewy and a disappointment as well. We are trying to make the best of the meal when a boat pulls around (We walked all the way to the back and are sitting waterside with a view of EE) with Mickey, Pluto and Goofy aboard. They float on by us with big smiles and waves!

Kids are getting antsy so we head into Dinoland and let them run around in the Boneyard place. DH and I are just thankful for a cool place to sit, and I am suddenly extremely tired and headachy. I am drinking lots of water and supplementing with 7-up, so I know its not dehydration, and it doesn't "feel" like the beginnings of a migrain. I am getting worse by the moment, so we decide, regretfully, to head back to the resort to try to salvage our Dinner ADR's. C is a bit disappointed that we will not ride "The snow mountain" but we promise her next time we come to Disney we WILL Ride it. We delight a random guy with our FOUR fast passes, due to come up in about 40 minutes.

By the time we get on the bus, DH is getting headachy. We get to the resort and its all I can do to not fall asleep on the floor! I had sat down to help the baby with his shoes and laid down on the spot. I got up about 15 mintues later when DH asked if we are going to dinner or cancelling. Not wanting to disappoint the kids again, I drag my butt off the floor and start to fix the girls' hair. I push my 5YO out of the way and barely make it to the bathroom and get sick. 5 times in a row. ew. But suddenly, I feel much better. Not great, but not like I just want to sleep until I die, either. I manage to get 4 motrin down and the cold water feels good.

I clean up and we head for the busses. DH stops and buys some tums since he still isn't feeling well, but refuses to get sick. I pop 3 in my mouth and fight the nausea that still lingers. We are first in line for Magic Kingdom, which tells me the bus must have just left when a bus for Epcot pulls up, we hop on that one. The movement is almost enough to push me over the edge again, but I manage to breath and swallow my way through another episode. I am feeling better by the time we hop the monorail to TTC. We switch to the resort monorails and relax a bit until we get to the Contemporary, just 5 mintues after our ADR. There is a line to check in, but I am actually thankful for it. We check in at the podium about 15 minutes later and are 3rd in line to get our pictures taken. Just as the camera snaps, our pager tells us our table is ready. We get seated right away and I opt for ginger ale to drink and teeny tiny portions on the buffet. The meal would have been better if I relaxed enough to enjoy it, but I didn't want to get sick again. I did top off the meal with a tiny sundae and some mint tea, all included on the dining plan!

We decide to take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom then take the bus home from there. We are first on the platform and I ask if we can sit with the pilot. Cast member says he will see what he can do. Just then a new monorail is being put into service and they go through safety checks. We get on near the back and just make small talk aobut our day and how we are each feeling right now when the CM pokes his head in and tell us there is room for 4 of us in the front. DH decides that I should take the kids and the camera and go! I am feeling pretty good, so I grab the baby and camera and lead the girls to the front car.

Way cool sitting up front! The Pilot is very friendly and funny. C and M are on their best behavior and even the baby is entertained. I film just about the whole loop LOL!

We get to Magic Kingdom, thank the Pilot and head for the buses, dismissing the brief thoughts that we can catch either Spectro and Wishes again or head to MG to see Fantasmic, but that was starting immediately. We wisely decided to just head back. The girls go right to sleep, the baby too, so I grab the laundry and get it all done around 1 AM. I crawl into bed and drift right off to sleep.

Coming up: Day 4 - We can speak Whale!

~Elena

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home