Sunday, June 25, 2006

Satisfaction?

Well, in one phone call I want from overconcerned parent willy nilly bringing a child with a cold to the ER, to being right for doing so.

This morning as I was about to leave to set up for my parents' party, the phone rang. It was the ER doc saying that after they got another look at the boy's X-ray, they think he does indeed have pnemonia.

Grrr. I am not upset that he has it. I am upset that Friday night we had him there with a central line in his arm and was sent home. I was told at the time that if they found anythign then there would be a round of IV antibiotics, then we would go to the doc's for another round. Instead it is 30 doses here at home. Yeah fun. Getting a 12 month old to take meds is not fun. I'm not looking forward to the next 27 doses (If you check he hour, we are up trying to get another dose in him. We didn't get up specifically to do this, but rather he was up, uncomfortable anyway, and it is time.)

OK, off to try to get the rest of this in him. You never know just how much 1/2 teaspoon is until you try to squeeze it into an uncooperative child!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home