Tuesday, June 06, 2006

My mother, suspected Terrorist.

If any of you have ever met my mother, this is not a word that would ever pop into your head when you think of her. She is in her late 60's, but still very active. She dyes her hair, but its her attitude that keep her youthful more than anything. She is very sweet, but tough, and the one that everyone called "mom".

Well, we live very close to the Canadian border and my mom (well the whole family actually) makes frequent trips to Canada both by driving and walking when the weather is nice.

My mom is beginning to feel her age more and more these days, and a few unexpected spills while chasing grandchildren have ensued. She has had a nagging pain in her leg from falling into a ditch while chasing a 2YO, but is taking care of it. She even had a bone scan! (We are still awaiting results).

What does all this have to do with being a terrorist?

Well, Mom and my Aunt were on their way to bingo. Yes, 2 old ladies (Its my father's older sister - My Father is in his 70's!) on their way to spend some mad money. Well, if you follow the news then you know that there have been some terrorist suspect apprehended in Toronto, a meer 70 miles away, so the borders are on heightened alert.

My mom, it seems, is still radio active and was detained for a bit for questioning! It made me laugh to think about my poor mom in the holding cell when all she wanted was a little excitement. This was not the excitement she was looking for!!

She called me today to laugh about it. She may be getting older, but she knows how to see the humor in things, still. I hope I can remember that when I get older, and be just like my mom! Although I hope I am never mistaken for a terrorist!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home