Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Are you tired, yet?

I know I am! It would be SO nice to go to sleep at night, then not wake up until morning. I mean like 7 AM morning, not 4 AM morning, and sleep straight through, not up at midnight and 2 AM as well.

But alas, the boy and I are up. Well, he is wide awake and will not let me sleep. I'm not exactly sure my mental state qualifies as "up". His diaper has been changed and nursing came to an abbrupt end when he bit me, so now I am hoping his binky will make him sleepy. We are snuggelled in a blanket at the computer since it is chilly in here (We lower the house temp at night in an attempt to keep our monthly heating bill lower than the average salary per capita of some countries). He is wiggly and fussy, and I may be to blame for that. After over a month of being dairy free and almost 2 weeks of being oat and squash free, too, I caved when my sweet DH "forgot" that ice cream was dairy and brought home a peanut buster parfait just for me. He is such a sweet guy, really, and did remember that I wasn't eating ice cream...as soon as he got home with it. Now, I wasn't going to let a perfectly good sundae go to waste! I chalk it up as an experiment to see if my sweet boy is really sensitive to dairy and judging by his tummy, I guess he is.

The things we moms do for our kids! The boy is overall much happier now that I am limiting my food choices. His rough scaley knees are now soft again, with no sign of a rash! HE had a REAL bowel movement the other day. The late night gas sessions stopped until I ate some ice cream the other day. I adapted quiet well to my boy's new diet, the only thing I truly miss is cheese. I now eat cream of wheat in the morning instead of my oatmeal, and soymilk is not the same, but I can live with it. I even found a dairy free butter like substance that is decent tasting. Both of these are also SO expensive! $2 for 1/2 gallon of Silk soymilk and nearly $4 for a small tub of "Butter". Doesn't sound too bad, but my grocery budget is so tight it squeeks! I have also scanned all the groceries to make sure I am not eating any hidden milk or dairy products.

It is funny the things that contain dairy. Packaged Peanut Butter cookies, French dressing, most breads and some spaghetti sauces have dairy in them. Oreos, pretzles, catalina dressing and chocolate syrup do not. Chinese food is now my quick meal of choice when I am out and about. I can't eat at Subway since all their breads contain an ingredient in dairy. Their wraps contain oats! Pizza is off limits, but salads are not (Just make sure there is no cheese or cream dressing). *sigh*. I miss cheese. Did I mention that?

Anyway, I know this is just a season for me, ands pray that my boy will out grow his sensitivites. We see the doc tomorrow so hopefully we will get a good report! He is finally asleep, so I think I will slip back into bed as well. Morning will be here before we know it!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lizzie Tish said...

I was up half the night with a fussy tummy too LOL. My own fault - ate things that don't agree with me - ice cream and chocolate. We could have chatted about how we shouldn't eat ice cream ;) I'm glad he finally went badk to sleep and I do hope you get to eat cheese again soon.

1:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home