Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Day 5 How many modes of transportaion can you take in one day?

Day 5 How many modes of transportaion can you take in one day?

We are up by 6:30 and my first thought is: I don't want to go home! Yes, I realize that we have all of today to look forward to and part of tomorrow, too, but I don't want to leave! I hop in the shower since everyone else is still asleep. By the time I get out, DH is ready to shower, the boy is in need of nursing and M is up. C is starting to stir as well.

It is Extra Magic Hour at Magic Kingdom today, so I want to get there for early entry at 8. We grab some snacks and head for the bus. We arrive at MK at 8:15 and it is nearly empty! (Well, for MK that is!) We stop in the bakery for some breakfast, then head through the castle to Fantasy land. We grab Fast Passes For Mickey's Philharmagic and then ride Cinderella's Carrousel. Our Fast Pass TIme is ready for MP and it is GREAT!! Probably my favorite ride so far! The kids and I then hit Dumbo. No Fast Pass, but just a 20 mintue wait. I figure its the shortest wait time we will see since Rope Drop has occurred (When they let in the non resort guests). We get to Ride Snow White's scary Adventure and Its A Small World before circling the castle to the front to catch Cinderellabration. I send DH and the kids ahead while I run back over to the Cars Cart to get the other Car I had seen earlier in the week for my Nephew. I get there and they are sold out!! So I head back to the castle to meet up with my family, who were supposed to be grabbing some ice cream...only they don't sell ice cream before 11 AM at MK! We watch Cinderella get her crown and then head back out of MK just as they start to sell ice cream, so we split up and grab our favorites before heading back to our resort.

The bus ride is uneventful and we quickly get the girls changed into their princess dresses, but I forget to put better clothes on the boy. We then grab the bus to Down Town Disney for lunch at Wolfgang Puck Express. WOW!! THis is our favorite counter service meal EVER!!! The Pizza is tastey according to the 5YO (the 4YO is asleep in the stroller and we don't dare wake her LOL!) The Chicken lasagne thingy is to die for!! Dh and I split it, and it is plenty for us to top us off! We each get a slice of yummy bread, too. We polish this off, get a box for the last slice of pizza on the off chance that M will wake and be hungry and head to the Christmas store. We spend abit of cash here (It could have easly been MUCH more!) then head to Goofy's candy shop. It looks like rain, and we brought nothing with us. DH decides to buy 2 kids ponchos and 2 umbrellas and we hang out in the shop browsing and spending a little money, too! We each pick out something to nosh on, but choose not to eat them yet. Then the clouds burst open and we are sort of stuck, but what a great place to be stuck! We wander around a bit more before decideding to head to the Next shop.

Since everything is now wet and both girls are wearing the "princess" Shoes and dresses, we realize that kid ponchos are pretty much useless for us! I was going to put the baby in the sling, but C wants to "walk". Not wanting to cause I melt down, I reluctantly agree, and put the baby in the stroller with M. We take one step into the rain and C starts to yell, "My Princess shoes are getting wet!" Being a mom, I pick her up, soaking wet poncho and all and carry her and the umbrella to Once Upon a Toy store. We get there pretty wet, but it is warm, so I stuff a box of Potato head parts for my nephew for Christmas. Payback for all the little part gift my sister always gets our kids! LOL! The girls are happy to just put a potato head together and pull it apart again. We find Cinderella gloves for M since she says she NEEDS them and DH agrees! HE is such a push over when it comes to his kids LOL!

There is still time before our BBB appointment so we head over to Lego Land between the raindrops. I would have loved to get more photos of the sculptures, but it is just too wet and I have to carry at least one child at all times since they are wearing their princess shoes, well the girls are, not the boy, obviously! and we do not have a second stroller today. We play in there for a bit, chatting with a guy making a sculpture before finally heading into the World Of Disney store.

Had I known how busy it was, I would have come here and checked the girls in before heading to Lego Land, We are 15 minutes early for our scheduled appointemnt, and wait an hour to get in! They are handed the "Menu of services" card complete with their names on them. Choosing hairstyles takes all of .6 seconds so we wander around the store for a bit thanks to the pager they give us. I FINALLY find some post cards and grab 10 of them and the girls are getting more impatient by the second! We are quickly running out of diversions when our pager goes off. Princess M is the first to the chair. She choses the updo with the hair extensions, I think its called Disney Diva. Photo pass people are there, so we whip out our card! She is pretty patient in the chair but tried more than once to get a peek at her do. Enough hair gel to stop a charging Heffalump is applied, then tasteful make up is put on next. Princess C is right next to her and he doesn't appear to be happy at all. Later we find out she is mad that M got to go first. Harumph. First borns. All is forgiven when she is turned around to reveal her "Disney Princess" do, a simple bun with a tiara and a Mickey Rhinestone barrette on the back of her head. Lots of glitter is applied as well. Princess M notices that Princess C has a tiara and she does not. $10 later she gets one too. Thankfully, Princess C has no interest in Princess M's hair extentions.

We leave BBB Nearly $100 later after paying for both bookings ($35 each) plus the extra tiara and my post cards. Each of the Princesses get to take home their make up palletes in very pink bags that match the sashes they are given announing to all that we were at the Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique.

Thankfully the rain has slowed to a mist and we head back to the bus area, stopping to ride the merry go round. Many, Many people comment on how beautiful our Princesses are and ever so Modest, the girls eat it all up! We grab the Bus to the Contemporary and arrive with plenty of time before our 5:40 ADR's at 1900 Park Fare. We check in and then go potty, then pose for pictures with the Fairy GodMother. Our table is ready and we are seated fairly close to the buffet. I have no where in my notes what time it was! Perla is the first to stop by, followed by Suzy. We manage to get a few runs to the buffet in when Cinderella herself makes an appearance. M is entralled. The Boy steals a kiss and C is chatting her up like they are long lost friends!

We make yet another Potty break and when we return, DH informs us the Prince Charming had stopped by. He asked him to return and he said "He Shall." We get our desserts, the girls dance with each other a bit, and are about to leave when he FINALLY returns! HE certainly looked the part! More autographs and photos then we are on our way out again.

We decide to grab the monorail to Magic Kingdom and C starts to rifle through our bags and can't find the marshmellow sucker she bought at Goofy's earlier. I'm not sure how she can still be hungry, but we loook for it everywhere and decide it is long gone.

When we get to the Magic Kingdom, we decide to pop into Main Street Confectionary to replace her pop. We can't find one like the one she had, but buy her the Goofy leg one instead, then take the train on a circle tour. Checking our Watches, we realize we have 40 mintues until Illuminations is about to start, and we decide to go for it! Hop the ferry back to TTC, then the monorail to EPCOT and sprint for Canada for the perverbial "better spot". We actually find a decent view near the fence across the walkway from McDonalds. We enjoy our "Goofy" snacks while waiting. Yes, this is a much better view, but someone could have warned us we were practically sitting atop the pyrotechnics LOL! I think I nearly had at least 2 heart attacks when they go off very unexpectedly.

As Illuminations comes to a close, we decide to NOT wait for the crowds and head for the buses once again. On our way out, we pause to get more video of the fountains, this time with the lights. 2 of the kids are sound asleep, so we get video of that, too.

We then head for the buses, me fighting tears since I still do not want to go home. How adult of me. A fellow passenger leans in and tell me "I hate to go home, too!" Only in Disney!

We settle the kids into bed "as is" then decide that Princess Dresses are not the most comfy things to sleep in. We pour them into their jammies and I start to pack for the trip home. I give up around 11:30 and go to bed instead wishing with all my might that something would happen to keep us there forever.

Coming up Day 6: I don't want to go home.

~Elena

1 Comments:

Blogger Kelly said...

Elena, I have all the info you could ever need on doing mystery shopping if you are intersted. :)
Aside from that... I'm glad you enjoyed Wolfgang Puck Express! We loved it there too. I was all choked up reading how you were teary eyed because you didn't want to go home. I still wish I wasn't home!

8:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home